Almond And Berry Pancakes
I posted this up on my Facebook page the other day and got a lot of interest so here’s the recipe if you would like to try and make them yourself.
- 4 eggs
- 120 ml almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 100g almond meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of coconut flour
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- ghee or coconut oil for cooking
- 160g free or frozen berries
- lemon juice to serve
In a small bowl, whisk the eggs for about 2 minutes or until frothy. Mix in the milk, vanilla and honey.
Combine the almond meal, baking powder, coconut flour, salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
Add egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well.
Grease a large frying pan with a little ghee or coconut oil and place over low/medium heat. Ladle a few tablespoons of batter into the pan for each pancake and spread out slightly with the back of the spoon. the pancakes should be 5-6cm in diameter and fairly thick. Cook for a few minutes on each side, until the tops dry and slightly and the bottoms start to brown. Flip and cook for additional 2-3 minutes.
Serve hot topped with fresh berries, coconut oil, honey, a squeeze of lemon juice and fresh fruit.
- Ghee is clarified butter and it can be found at Indian food stores and some supermarkets
- Keep the pancakes small in size, and don’t get distracted while cooking them as they can burn easily.